Tuesday, August 23, 2005

EnnyPen 101 - Week 6

This Law lecturer is going to be the death of me.

Can somebody please explain to me the point of prescribing 80 pages of reading for the lecture and tutorial, then spending the 2 hour lecture speeding through the powerpoint slides which aren't available on the network, flicking through the pages faster than you can type (my handwriting is illegible- sign of pure genius and a destiny in great things). I took 11 type written pages of notes just now. 11!!!! And every third line or so is just: (CUTOFF). I mean, he goes so fast that I keep (CUTOFF) stored in my clipboard so I only have to Ctrl-V each time the fucker flips the page early rather than spending two hours tippy-tappying CAPS - Shift - 9 - C - U -T - O - F - F- Shift - 9 - CAPS. By time I get up to the U he's already three pages ahead of me so I (practically) just spend the 2 hours 'pasting' eleventy hundred times.

What's pissing me off is now that I have the textbook (it only arrived last week) and I read some of the 80 pages (please. I have a life. Fucked if I'm dedicating 3 hours of my time to this wanker), he just seems to be regurgitating the textbook reading into powerpoint. WTF am I bothering to come to lectures?

He doesn't take role call in the tutorials. He doesn't know anyone's name - we rip a piece of paper out of someones book and put our names on all by ourselves!!! How can I get a tute mark if he doens't know who I am?!

What's ironic is that from what I can pick up, he was carrying on about Discharge by Frustration and from I can piece together he should be discharged for his shitpoor efforts at upholding his side of the contract to educate us.

Excuse the nonsensical rant. I'm pissed that I wasted two hours taking notes (the underside of my wrists are sore from keyboard friction!!) and now I gotta go spend an hour in the same stuffy room as the pompous git as he asks us questions about things he hasn't taught us yet.

No comments: