Tuesday, August 09, 2005

EnnyPen 101 - Week 4

Ha!

You thought you were going to get away without reading a Uni rundown!

Well, my evil minions, come towards the evil uni light.
(or come back in a few days when a new post has pushed this one below the line of common decency).

Truth be told, I almost didn't have anything to write about BUT I was saved by my tute this afternoon.

As you may or may not know, I'm doing two units this semester - one that I enjoy and one that couldn't be more disorganised than a monkey in a watermelon spitting contest:

'D'uh - whats going on? I'm soooo disorganised!'

Heh heh heh.

Anyways. The tute went along the lines of this:

Disgruntled masses: Will the lecture notes be up on the net?
Tutor: Ra ra ra ... people are so spoonfed these days ...ra ra ra I don't see any evidence of people with the lecture notes doing better - actually quite the opposite... ra ra ra I'm giving up valuable time in the whatever courts to be here... ra ra ra.

Basically, he came off as really arrogant and unorganised.

When we asked if we really needed to purchase 3 textbooks valued at over $170, his answer was "well I could prescribe 25 textbooks if I really wanted to".

*sigh*

And today, lo and behold, I came across posts on our unit discussion board - I did have slightly edited copies of the emails but I'm sure that's breaching some privacy-thang, so I've taken some creative liberty and given you a summary:

Some Guy complains about the lack of lectures in the first week, how he's had no tutorials yet because the tutor didn't show up, there's no unit outline, the lecture room is too small and people are crammed into there making the room "hot and unpleasant" and he reckons he could sue and get compo. He also says (and I quote): "and how ironical...its a bloody law subject".

(FYI: If this guy is who I think it is, he was't in the lecture today).
(and WTF does FFS stand for?! - he used it but I couldn't include it here).

Other than making us look illiterate and reaaaally uneducated, I was liking his point (I would have included the whole post if I wasn't aftraid of being pack-banged by his homies).

So did Some Other Chick. She was frustrated too as she had no tutor and only six people showed up to her tute. She was also pist coz she had organised a babysitter and driven from Tuggers to Belco to get to it, only to have to track down the people in the responsible department for them to tell her that there is no tutor assigned to the tute yet. She also didn't like the lack of unit outline and lecture notes. She did give a bit of nicey and say that he presented the info well, it was jus the admin stuff givin her the shits.

So, I forwarded these to The Hun, inserting my own little smug and narky comment about how much I hate the tutor and how crap he is, formulating a post on my dummy lecturer/tutor.

Buuuuuut Theeeeeeeeeeeennnnn?

Turns out he's ony running it coz the original lecturer had to go to hospital, the notes weren't on the net coz of his lazy department, they're trying to get another lecutre theatre, and the uni approached him to come in and help.

Someone else added their bit too which was obviously a mature age student sucking up, not worthy of any notice (except to say that compared to driving from Golbourn, Tuggers isn't that far....).

Still.

He sux.

And it's a crap course.

*pout*

*reflects on rambling nothing post but can't remove it because then she'd be missing a "101 Post"*

*pouts a lil more*

*catches sight of reflection in Dell screen and smiles*

*dimples*

2 comments:

The Student said...

Im suing for copyright infringement.

Enny said...

... Do you have a watermelon monkey too?