Thursday, October 13, 2005

GoogleMap BoobleBap

Do you want to see the most wretched place to put a set of traffic lights?!

Let me set the scenario for you:

This is Tuggeranong, Canberra. Lanyon (Nappy Valley) has only got one entry from the parkway - one of the few 2 lane 100k roads in Canberra that joins woden, civic, belco and tuggers - culminating in that roundabout to the right (BigHell). If you're sneaky, you can exit the parkway a little early and drive behind tuggers, meaning you go through the little roundabout (LilHell) and then meet up at BigHell anyway. The green box is where I drive when I come past the orange buildings on my way home from work, turn left at LilHell then right at BigHell to get to my house (see diagram). This roundabout used to be such a bitch as the traffic would back up at BigHell from all the city workers coming down the parkway, and I'd hafta zip into the right lane after LilHell fairly quickly.

Let's zoom in!


See that frowny face? Thats me this afternoon. Those fuckwits have installed traffic lights on the little mini tiny road tween LilHell and BigHell. These lights are also 'part time' - meaning they're only on during the busy periods- ie, when I want to get home from work. This afternoon I had to be one of those people I hate - those arrogant sunsabitches who zip up thru the empty lane then cut in closer to BigHell - JUS SO I COULD GET HOME!! THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!!!

And yeah, I know this is boring as shit, but I spent a while gettin Google Map to work, so you can jus bask n revel in my glory and paintskillz instead.

*Mmmmm - it's so waaaaarm*

2 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

I can waste hours on Google Earth...

Enny said...

We should do like a zoomout thing of your 3 favourite places so ppl can see where ppl post from/frequent etc! =o)

(jus another excuse to use it more!)