Tuesday, October 04, 2005

EnnyPen 101 - Week 13

Ponder on this heartwenching situation: Poor lil 20-sum'n public servant, trying to gain some form of official qualification in this world of uncertain employment and Government-position unrest, spends all hours of daylight and nightime over a 3 day weekend (excluding lunch at Sushi Train on Saturday) mackin' her way through a presentation on State Sovereignty and Financial Flows AND a 2 page examination of the eBay User Agreement AND a 1500 word analysis on the current feud between Microsoft and Google over the employment of Dr Lee, that, when presented to The Hun for perousal, is found to be nowhere near legal sounding enough.

I mean, I'm all for the 'stay up all night, sleep all day, eat whatever you feel like' party-hearty uni attitude, but its sucks total arse when its due to study and not drinking or dancing or network tetris or whatever it is that uni ppl do when they're awake nowadays.

The weather in Canberra was frickin awesome this weekend - beautiful, Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL clear blue skies (albeit a lil windy) and warm sunny, er, sun that warranted both heaters being put away, and I had to spend it witheld in The Huns ironing room study. I'm sure plenty of studiers know what it feels like, but that doesn't invalidate the fact that I had to sit in my I'm-eating-whatever-I-like-coz-I'm-studying tracky pants combo and listen to The Hun and his friends rush out to play frisbees on the oval coz the weather was so delightful; or how they gathered round the telly to play car races and laugh and joke and wail (the poor dear was exhausted afterwards, bless his heart). I'm planning to frick around with that powerbox thing on the side of the house so that we can run off the pure amount of pout-age that was transmitted over the weekend, carrying over until about 10pm tonight when I can finally finish law-ing up that essay.

Anyways, I gave my presentation this morning and *think* it went OK, thought I don't remember getting a clap. I mean, my material did get referred several times thru the tute (albeit as 'like that stuff that whatsy said' by the tool sitting a few to my right) and a couple of people told me it was pretty good, but I'll find out next week. At this stage I am still yet to get any feedback from uni, so I have no idea how I am going... Riccadonna party is planned if good results are obtained.



I think thats enough school stuff for now - my eyes are totally squinty.

2 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

*cracks a bottle open in anticipation*

Cheers!

Enny said...

Here's hoping!

(Great to have you back!)