Tuesday, October 18, 2005

EnnyPen 101 - Week 15

I got an 8.5/10 for my speech:

- Good intro and analysis of key terms and concepts
- Excellent use of PowerPoint
- Good analysis of key issues
- Evidence of sound research (although see notes in bibliography)
- Excellent Effort
- You need to slow down your speech!

I was pretty stoked with that - I put half of a 3 day weekend (day and night hours) for that 5 minute speech.

And I got a credit for my essay. And I know I shouldn't be, but I'm dissapointed.

Last time I did uni I scraped through, doing essays at the last minute, doing one draft and handing it in without getting anyone to see it or even running the spell check through it. Only using the textbook for info coz I didn't even take any notes coz I didn't go to lectures. And being stoked on the offchance of a credit.

This time, I analysed the key terms, concepts and issues, there was arseloads of research and a shitload of effort. I spent hours and hours and hours and hours and hours on that stupid essay. I checked of all of the hints and tips in the lecture that was dedicated on how to do well in the essay. I spoke to the tutor, to my dad and to The Hun repeatedly. I sent and resent and resent it to get a couple of people's viewpoints on it to get it the best I could. I borrowed 14 books from my parents and I had 4 pages of references. And I was proud of it at the end!!

It just feels like bullshit to see all the ticks being in the 'OK' box down the front, not even 'good', with more than like 3 quarters of the comments being about my referencing - the importance of which was not even mentioned in that 2 hour essay dedicated lecture!!

I'm going to fucking GLASS the motherfucker who invented the motherfucking Harvard Referencing system. Like if they were going to base my fucking knowledge of government, business and politics on how well I can memorise that fucking referencing system rather than what I have to say or think or found, then I should be doing six part-time years on fucking Harvard Referencing to get my fucking Bachelor of fucking Harvard Referencing, with the opportunity for Harvard Referencing with Honours or maybe my motherfucking doctorate in fucking Harvard Referencing before I graduate from mother-fucking University of fucking Harvard Referencing before my motherfucking illustrious career as a fucking motherfucking Harvard Referencer.

FUCK!

And that's ignoring that fact that I lost 2 marks for it being late which is complete bullshit and is currently being disputed.

Although it is proddly being fuelled by my eavesdropping on some cutesy 17 year old who was unhappy with her marks and took them to her lecturer and got her pass and credit upgraded to distinction and high disctinctions and all future work will be marked as though she had never done any of the course study.

And I hate sounding like a prissy snotty suckface whingy study nerd bitch.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Referencing sucks. When I was studying psych with this one particular teacher we would lose half a mark for every referencing mistake we made - and that included not putting commas in the correct place or correctly capitalising the right words in the references section.

Enny said...

That must be what happened.

I'm going to calmly ask him to explain where I could have improved so that for the exam essay (where no referencing is required) I can get a good mark...