Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last one for the year!

This one is doing the rounds, so why not?!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Now a whole lot... I got engaged, started a new job, went to a Buddhist initiation ceremony, got IPL, Graduated and became a pet owner.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I usually do the whole 'eat right, look hot' resolution, but it very rarely happens... probably best I don't make any. Here are the ones I made here last year, and didn't do very well at!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! Two of my friends had babies this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year, no. Thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit? I stayed in Australia this year - boring...

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A wedding, a bit lest fat to jiggle, a little more money to spend, and a house of our own to live in.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 21, when we got engaged.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Again, getting engaged! Though that wasn't entirely of my own merit... though getting my new job was!

9. What was your biggest failure? My attitude for most of the year, pre-engagement.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing major! I the worst flu I've ever had, but there was nothing else (blood results from two weeks ago come in next year).

11. What was the best thing you bought? My iPod stereo and the birdy boys!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The Hun's!!!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The same few people who make me feel like a doormat, though I'm bit by bit getting better at stopping it, and holding my own.

14. Where did most of your money go? A fair amount went in to my savings account! Other than that, I spent a fair amount on rent and bills, and lunches that I should have packed rather then bought.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting engaged!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier.
(b) Thinner or Fatter? Like 3kg lighter?
(c) Richer or Poorer? Richer!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Celebrating what I have.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Whinging and carrying on like a spoilt child.

20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008? The Huns house for presents in the morning, my parents house for presents mid morning and lunch, back to The Huns house for after lunch, back home for the night sitting in front of the TV.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love.

22. How many one-night stands? Why start now?!

23. What was your favorite TV program? Dexter, 6 Feet Under and Harry's Practice.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

25. What was the best book you read? Second Glance.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Laura Marling.

27. What did you want and get? A fiance and some birds.

28. What did you want and not get? A house.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Oooh, SATC was FANTASTIC, but I also really enjoyed Iron Man. Nom nom nom.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27, I worked and had a bunch of friends come to a bar near my house before La Porchetta for tea!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A house.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Comfy-lazy. Though I did better with office wear, and am going to keep improving on it.

33. What kept you sane? Opening my eyes to see what I have. And my internet friends!

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Michael C Hall and (slightly less appropriately) Zac Effron.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Live Export and animal treatment.

36. Who did you miss? Max and my friend who passed away last year.

37. Who was the best new person you met? I don't really meet too many people, but I met my new boss which was exciting.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Don't sweat the small stuff.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it"

40. What are your resolutions for 2009? Have the best year of my life.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

No comments: