Thursday, February 23, 2006

EnnyPen 101 - Week One

Woah, De-ja-vu.

I'll try and keep the weeks in order too, this time.

My timetable's pretty much the same this time round. 8:30 - 10:30 lecture, 10:30 - 11:30 tute, 1:30 - 3:30 lecture, 3:30 - 5:00 tute. Of course, the total lack of tutes in week one has put me smack bang in the middle of a three hour break - a portion of which was spent by discarding $1250 in fees and $220 in books, and soon to be another $6 or so for lunch.

One of the potential sparks was that Eldest Bro has started uni this year in a similar degre to mine, however he seems to have breaks everywhere apart from my 2 hour middle of the day break. I think my willingness to buddy him has him a little overwhelmed, as he is now desperately trying to get his car registered in order to avoid the car pooling drama that could entail.

I almost made a real friend tho - I was stiting second last to the end of a row and a friendly girl sat down and we made small talk about the unit outline (I had one, she didn't etc). BUT, she got up and left halfway through. I didn't see her sit down anywhere else so I can only presume she had another lecture to go to - leaving me with the dilemma of deciding whether to take my chances on talking to anymore get-up-and-leavers or jus park my self down the front with the old where I can open my lappy and tippy-tap without fear of retribution nex week. That said, both my courses seem to have the lecture notes up BEFORE the lecture so you can scribble on the notes, meaning that my lappy will proddly only be used for completing my I'm insecure and shy and don't meet new people well bubble of iPod in'n'on at all times unless a lecturer is talking and blogging and surfing in my two hour break. Home Sweet Bubble Home. Although my boss DID tell me to make some friends this semester (her daughter has jus started kindy and has no interest in friends and I think this is stressing her a lil so she is projecting onto me).

Geez I sound like a pathetic loser.

I guess that means I'm well into the uni life again.

*sigh*

4 comments:

Boysenberry said...

Ahhh, yes, the joys of returning to Uni... I suppose I should note that for further blog entries myself.

Erica said...

Argh, friends at Uni. I've never been very successful. Maybe that's why I've been a 1st year 3 times now. My best advice is to just swallow your nerves and talk to someone. They might turn out to be idiots like the people I first spoke to in my current course, but then at least you can talk about how stupid they are with some of the other people in your class and it gives you a conversational topic.

Enny said...

Erica - I'll try it out on Thursday (but I'm not makin any promises!!)

Erica said...

Let me know how it goes.