I've been tagged! (ta &duck!):
1. One book you have read more than once:
The Kitchen Gods Wife by Amy Tan. I'd seen the movie for the Joy Luck Club after Eldest Bro had to do an assignment on it for school, and when my Grandmother passed away and we were cleaning out the house I recognised Amy Tan's name on the cover of the book and I got to take it home. I could read it over and over.
2. One book you would want on a desert island:
A book of maps and instructions on how to escape... or the bible because it's long!
3. One book that made you laugh:
That's a hard one! I can't think of one off the top of my head - the closest contender is any of the Scott Adams books.
4. One book that made you cry:
One of the Paul Jennings 'Un-something or other' stories about the dog who was stuck down the well and his neck was crooked up forever. I only read it once or twice and could never read it again. I was kinda glad when I accidentally dropped the book in the bath and it got all wrinkled....
5. One book you wish you had written:
Any of the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicals. Blood and Gold was the first that I read and I LOVED it - favourite series.
6. One book you wish had never been written:
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy. Um - hullo? incest? not cool. UNNESESARRY.
7. One book you are currently reading:
I'm currently on the current issue of Womens Health before I get to the one in the next question - the last one I sorta skimmed through was 101 Questions To Ask Before You Get Engaged by Norman Wright and Gary Oliver. It was ok, sorta relevent but a bit too Godly...
8. One book you have been meaning to read:
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche - I got given it years ago by a friend who I've lost touch with - everyone that I know that's read it has said it's hardgoing at the start but great once you're in there - I think I've started it twice...
9. One book that changed your life:
Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh - I'd recommend it for those who want an understanding of the two, and some good ol' contrast and compare. For me, it gave me more of an idea of where I am, where I want to be, and how I'm going to get there.
10. Now tag five people:
WooOOOoh - I tag:
- Erica (to keep her updating often!);
- Delightful Jen (I felt bad after copping out of her last one!);
- The Student (to get him to update again!);
- Tokenwoman (if she has time to read atm!); and
- Boysenberry (I'd love to know what his answers are!).