Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I've got a new hobby!

...or, to put it a lil more accurately, I can justify one of my old hobbies as a new one.

Background story: As I think I've mentioned before, my mighty tuff roadbeast's lease finishes up in early October:

(not my actual car)

I've been doing a little research over the past few month and was 'guided' towards the following:

(Japan made, v safe, value for money, roomy on the inside, good warranty).

All the important stuff is done - I've faxed off the order form (note: request for darkest possible tinting), picked out my decals n stickers from eBay and MOST IMPORTANTLY have booked the middle techo guy to set me up with a new pumpin system for my....

NEW FOUND GIDOL OBSESSION!!

I've oft sung the praises of car-eoke - that is, singing like a madwoman in the car, circa Alanis Morissette in that 'Ironic' filmclip:

(not a good part to re-enact on the parkway)

But I was over at Clokeeeey's and cackng myself over the clips there, and remembered reading about the Google Idol clips, so went a searching...

Some of my favs:

Das Trio - "Thousand Miles" - if only they practiced the words more! I love the angsty pillow hugging and attempted leap of death...

Anything by Lynne and Tessa (Barbie girl is here) (they even have their own website!) - I'd love to be the cool skinny one, but I'd more likely be the plumper one relying on her boobs to get the attention... (mind you, she's a better mimer - you just know she's the brains behind it all)....

And for good measure, checkout Hips don't lie (my cousin has that wig in bright red!) and the Happy Dumbos!

Homework:
- Wanna buy my old car?
- What's your fav Gidol vid?
- What do you reckon would be a goodun?
- Wanna join me?

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oooooh, I love new cars!!

I really like your new car pick, is it a Suzuki Swift? My very first car ever was a Swift, needless to say they have moved up a bit in the world since then :)

Anonymous said...

My name is also Enny, and I'm also writing a blog but in french... cos' I'm french :)
I just wanted to say Hello to you

Enny said...

dj - it sure is - my first new car! Before this one I had an 89 barina as I couldn't afford a swift, so at last I'm living the dream!

viva la enny! - bonjour! my french is non-existent - my friends taught me to say 'eat with roger, he has good chicken' but that was almost 10 years ago now *sigh* and hello to you to! =o)

Armagnac Esq said...

I am perplexed by this carriage talk, but have been sent here on a mission by Russ and Tim...

Despite reservations about their bona fides, I have belatedly discovered the roving band of minstrels, bards and village idiots and offer my hearth, replete with decantered Jerez....

Please, as you were.

Enny said...

matty - CONVERTIBLE?! HEARTS!!! When i was younger, my dream car was an ford capri *sighs* one day... one day...

amraniac - Enny Doth Yoth Ye Old Penne lurks in the shadows, waiting for the most opportune moment...