Tuesday, July 18, 2006

EnnyPen 101 - Week One

Yes it IS that time again already!

Uni has started again (only one sixth of the way thru my degree!!!!), and with it has come the first tinge of excitement, only to be smothered by the damp dark dogbreathness that it really is.

The tinge of excitement was at the way my lecture today was much better than expected - I thought the course was gonna be about memorising theorists and diagrams, but it seems to be more about TEH PEEPS so I'm looking forward to it.

What squashed it? Realising that whilst the course is more about TEH PEEPS and psych-type stuff, I was sandwhiched tween eldest bro (who's gf is a psych-type) and The Huns sister (who is a psych-type). Me? Durr... Jack of some trades, master of none.

Then there was the additional joy of having to hand over almost $200 for textbooks, which is taking me $200 further away from an iPod that works.

Additionally, uni is spread over two days this semester (impractical!) with a 9:30 - 2:30 stint on a Tuesday (with a one hour break for leering at barely-legals in the refect) and an 8:30 - 10:30 blargh on a Wednesday.

AND it seems to be following the typical plan of 'one interesting and one boring/one good and one bad/one thought based and one fact based', the lecture I have tmr is for a course that appears to be maths.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahths.

So on top of all that I'm driving an extra almost 100km a week just for uni travel, I'll be whittling down any flex I've managed to scrape together and I'm getting tired of the PussyCatDolls CD that I can't help but pump each time I get into the car...

Stay tuned for next weeks THRILLING episode...

4 comments:

Jen said...

$200 in textbooks is pretty ok, I had to spent almost $300 today, and that was only for 3 subjects. I can't imagine how much I would have spent all up, over the years.

My uni is also on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I only have a 2 hour tute on Tuesday evenings, then 8 - 4 tomorrows, with a couples of breaks thrown in. Compared to the 5 days a week I was doing last semester, this one is shaping up to be a breeze!

Boysenberry said...

Enny, how many units you up for? I've averaged 2 a semester, and have *never* been able to get them all in one or two days. Last semester with one unit, I needed to go to uni on Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri. :(

Enny said...

dj - I'm planning to claimi back about $400 in tax this year from the last two semesters! I can imagine two from five is a nice change =o)

b'b'rry - Just two! This is the third time I've had two a semester, but the two other times I've been able to squoosh them into the one day. I'm not looking forward to the stats course I hafta do: at this stage you have to do 3 lectures over 3 days at three diff times - hopefully the timetable's changed by 2011!!!

Enny said...

ah matty - yes ;o) My music taste is wide and varied, but I can't RESIST catchy skanky toons (n I'm at 'the other one'!)