Saturday, March 25, 2006

I'm not 16 going on 17...

My birthday is on Monday - I'll be turning 24, which is almost 25, which is almost mid thirties which is almost middle age, so on and so forth leaving me a little reflective.

To help things along, I have just one friend with a baby and she came past today, baby in tow, and asked if I was 'planning any soon'. I think I'm pretty much on track for my life so far - I'm in a stable job, I have a great man, and I'm very happy with how things are going - "The Plan" has always been to be engaged by 25, married by 26 and 3 kids by 30. The Hun has always said it would just be two, andafter watching and listening to my friend cope with just one, and ignoring my jokes about pin-pricking and sugar pills, I think that two might be enough if I could have a boy and a girl... My main reasons for wanting three were:

a) If they don't get along, there'd be a spare to fill in;

b) I always wanted an older and younger sibling and I only ever got youngers; and

c) Boys would be more fun to dress but I want a girl for my parents sake.

When my (Catholic) parents were in baby-make mode, they had all four of us within five years (Mumsy aged 22 to 27) which is, I think, a good thing - we're all close in age and get along and my mum has been able to carry on and advance in her career, rather than being stuck changing diapers in her 40s or unable to get back into the workforce. When they go out to dinner, they can stay out later and enjoy the ambience and the alchohol, rather than having to head off early for babysitters sake, and are able to have their kids pick them up instead.

{Deleted by the Author - sorry dudes!}

Anyways, in an attempt to get myself outta this funk (dinner at the club with The Huns ex and her friends tends to do this to me), lemme show you my birthday wish list and we can see how we go with birthday gift bingo:

Emily the Strange Organiser from EBay (this one I know I'm not getting because upon announcing I was going to "Buy it now" The Hun gave me a frantic phonecall where it evolved I was going to receive a more 'professional' one - that I have seen (to ensure I approve) and I can't wait to get it (he has good taste!).

Bjork Tshirt: The website isn't showing pictures at the moment and I can't remember which one I liked the most, but proddly all of them are great!


HomeStarRunner Hoodie from HomeStarRunner: I love lazy hoodies and this one looks great!

Luvbster tshirt from WhiteNinjaComics: The lobster comic is my favourite White Ninja Comic ('Stop it buddy, you're tickling me!) and the luvbster is in my top five. I'm pretty sure I'm getting this one too because when I told The Hun that I'd told youngest bro all about it, he looked shocked and awed and I had to tell youngest bro that he wasn't to get it for me...

Pixel T: I saw this on Defamer and got the CafePress link - it's pretty funky!


Volkswagon Polo GTI: Anyone wanna buy this one for me? I'm in full prep mode for buying a new car in October when the lease on my current beast is up..


PS - WE WENT AND SAW THE BRUMBIES WIN (JUST) TONIGHT AND SAMO IS BACK!!! MY FAVOURITE!!! HE'S BACK!!! AND WE WERE SITTING RIGHT NEAR WHERE THEY GOT THEIR FIRST TRY AND THE GEORGES (SMITH AND GREGAN) WERE HUGGING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME - BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet jesus! Will you stop stalking me already!?

(I was in Block 3, just behind the try line...)

Enny said...

Heh heh, block 58 I think.

I was the one calling out "HOTT" during the post try hug and 'I LOVE YOU SAMO!!!" every 12 seconds...

ChickyBabe said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, Enny!

Erica said...

Oooh, happy buffday!

Don't worry about getting old. You can always think like my grandma. She once had a conversation with my dad (she was about 55 at the time) in which she announced that she was "middle aged". My dad did respond with "I'm middle aged, Val, you're old", but despite that you have to admire her youthful spirit.

I hope you're having a big night out, and I expect a full blog report once you've recovered

Enny said...

CB - Thankyou!!!

Erica - Thankyou too!!! FYI - my birthday card from The Hun was addressed to "My Dear Older Lady Friend" ;o) There was no big out but we are hitting the pub for lunch and I'm takin a cruiser or two to my parents for Family Tea or ribs. RIBS!!! I LOVE RIBS!!!

BEVIS said...

Happy 24th birthday for today, Enny! You don't look a day over 37.

Hope you're out enjoying yourself.

Or blogging your heart out; whichever makes you happiest. :)

Martie said...

HAPPY DAY O' BIRTH TO YOU, MS Epen.

Hope it was great xx


PS - You never told me if you enjoyed the RGS??!

Enny said...

BEVIS - I certainly don't! Thankyou very much =o) I was at my parents eating ribs and treasure cake, then kicking back with my developing flu playing Sims2

Martie - I'll have you know I was thinking all night about what RGS stood for?! But, I finally cracked it =o) I thought it was HILARIOUS - I was listening at work and kept laughing a lil too loud for what is generally acceptable. I did take it in the car for a trip and put it thru the iTrip but The Hun didn't appreciate it as much ;o) Are you paying for the most current one?!

The Student said...

happy birthday.

Enny said...

THX STOODY-STU-STU