When Dawsons Creek first started airing on TV I got SERIOUSLY hooked - I had to watch it in my room by myself with the door locked. I needed to give it my full attention, I needed to be alone to cry it out, I needed the time to let it all settle in after the episode finished. And I know I'm not the only one who was like this (ladies, raise your hands). Somewhere along the line they changed the time it was on and I fell out of the loop...
Last week I got a message from my pregnant friend from high school - she wanted to catch up for lunch and told me she had something I could borrow. Initially worried it might be her first born (heh heh), I was a bit relieved that it was just Season 6 of Dawsons Creek.
A few things have changed since I last saw it...
- Jenn is a lot nicer/cooler than I used to think;
- Joey's cute crooked half smile is not cute;
- Joey's annoying full toothed grin IS cute;
- For the budget they probably have they could have at least died over Joey's regrowth (though I feel better about mine!);
- Paceys ugly beard may be ugly, but it stops him looking 13... even though he is supposed to be 19 in the show... though he was probably 26 at the time it was filmed;
- Dawson looked the oldest, but I think he is near youngest?;
- Dawson's mum is a fox;
- Joey is a sl*t;
- Audrey was always annoying and her accent is not cute;
- They really could use a lot less words;
- The characters are all exagerated stereotypes - there is not one realistic character;
- It really is quite predictable - girl crushes on friend, they hook up, boy dumps her, she hooks up with random, boy gets jealous, boy and girl hook up again etc;
- They spend a lot of time talking in hypotheticals about having hypothetical discussions...
So - admit it. Did you drown in Dawsons Creek years ago (or still now)? Is there another show you've been totally obsessed with?