Anways, I read this meme over at Brooke's and I liked it, so I thought I'd give it a go - a retrospective on 2007.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Went to Big Day Out. Met Rory Mcleod. Travelled overseas. Got in the ocean where I couldn't touch the bottom. Snorkelled. Poledanced (and unsurprisingly hated it). Was a Maid of Honour. Spent a full day one on one with someone outside of family or The Hun. Drove to Melbourne. Bought a Spice Girls CD. Lost a friend.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for
No - I don't remember what they were, but they were probably weight related. I have kind of made some more this year, see here.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I wouldn't say we are super tight or anything, but two friends from school did have babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes - I lost Max and a school friend 15 days apart.
5. What countries did you visit?
Thailand and Japan.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
The answers can be found here...
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
01/11/07 - My last day of uni for the year.
03/12/07 - Max passed away.
18/12/07 - My friend passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I would say snorkelling was pretty big - even I didn't think I would do it!
9. What was your biggest failure?
The number of times I got stupidly over emotional about not being married/engaged. I hate it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I actually had a pretty action packed year! I got two warts cut out of my foot, a mole cut out behind me knee, two moles cut out of my face and two moles cut off my neck. I thought I was going to need one of those knee passage scrapes done but that seems to have calmed down, I had a few colds (one after our needles for OS, one more recently) and a few of those eye migraines (two in two days means I'm making an appointment to see an opthamologist this year).
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Half of my DS and half of my Wii. I'd also claim the camera - even though The Hun paid for it, it's 'ours' (heh heh) plus the overseas holiday was worth it!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Proddly p!ssed away on rubbish, though I paid off my laptop and am leasingmy car, and I pay rent, food, bills, phone etc. I did get a fair amountsaved this year, well fair amount for me anyways....
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Overseas holiday and the Wii.
14. What song will always remind you of 2007?
To pick just one, it would be Regina Spektor's "On the Radio", but also:
Regina Spektor - Ode to Divorce, Chemo Limo.
Angus & Julia Stone - Paper Aeroplace, Mango Tree, Here We Go Again.
Bjork - Earth Intruders.
Missy Higgins - Steer.
Radiohead - Nude.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Generally, I'd say I'm happier - I'm more settled with myself.
b) thinner or fatter? Bit chubbier, but not by toooo much.
c) richer or poorer? Richer, but only by a little!
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sensible eating. Saving. Couch to 5 k running.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating misery chips, telling people I was dieting, working myself up,talking myself down.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
How convenient you ask - I have a detailed post here!
19. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Nope - I was already in love :o)
20. What was your favorite TV program?
21. What was the best book you read?
The Harry Potter series - they all merge in to one, right?
22. What was your favorite film of this year?
Superbad - how funny was that?!!
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25 and had a few meltdowns, but you can read about it here.
24. What kept you sane?
Blabbing to people on the internet - here, Facebook, gmail chat, messenger and email.
25. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ooooh Michael C Hall.
26. Who did you miss?
I missed catching up with D'jen, deb, jac and kristy in Brisbane. I also missed Max a lot.
27. Who was the best new person you met?
Lulu in Harajuku and Mick in Cheese on Toast.
What are you waiting for? Give it a go!