Eight things I am passionate about:
My family - All in all, a pretty awesome pack of six we make. Hence why I'm inspired to get that kid thing done young if I can, so that I can be under 50 and have a group of people in their 20's that what to hang out and drink with me and share their ups and downs (I'm choosing to ignore the mess, the surliness and the arguing that would also come with this).
My friends - Fiercely passionate, you could say. You know the friend who will live your problems alongside you, yet cannot resist giving advice/sharing her opinion/relaying similar experiences? Yup, you've met me.
My The Hun - Surely my almost lifelong obsession would have to feature on this list! I love my man to bits, even when he sh!ts me, and even when I've sh!tted him (in fact, maybe even a little more when I've sh!tted him). The only person who I am really me with and amazingly still around and willing to commit his life the obsession that I am (oh, and have).
My martial arts - The middle of this year will mark my 19 year training anniversary, of which at least five has been spent near, if not at, the top of school. I have such a fantastic class, I've met some really lovely people and I love what I do, even if I don't do it so well.
Veganism - A fairly recent development, but one that is not just going to not exist all of a sudden. June this year will mark my 2 year veganniversary and it has made such a difference to my life - not to mention the lives of those around me. I've been lucky in that my decision has had a bit of a ripple effect, with Deb, with my family, with The Hun and his family, and with a lot of my friends. Day by day, day by day.
My emotions - A bit obvious/obscure, but I'm a pretty emotional person down in the murky deep. And I love that. I love that it's not all out in the open all the time, and also the manner it will pop out and suprise me. This may have a bit to do with what I've experienced over the last few months in particular, but I just find the breadth and depth of emotion available an amazing thing, something that should be cherished.
My future - Well, if I'm not - who will be?! I cannot wait to live my life, I cannot wait for each day, I can't wait to see what happens. And I'm not so big on the thought of dying, and there will be no future for me once I've passed, so I should stress that I'm passionate about being alive!
The internets - Aww - yeah, you guys! I spend a lot of the time on the internets - blogging, emailing, chatting, facebooking, reading, commenting, sharing - and I've met some really good friends and shared some really good experiences. Group hug time!
Eight thinks I want to do before I die:
- Get married;
- Have at least two kids;
- Buy a house;
- Learn another language;
-Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef;
- Visit the rest of my top five locations: NY, Vegas, Italy, France,
- Own at least two dogs; and
- Be able to look back on what I've done with a smile, and embrace the future with a contented sigh.
Eight things I say often:
- Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*k you;
- I read it on the internet;
- No worries;
- Do you want a drink?;
- Totally not vegan; and
- Redeye time.
Eight books I’ve read recently:
- Paint it Black - Janet Fitch. Just don't.
- Lipstick Jungle - Candace Bushnell. Again, just don't. I am never buying from the 2 for $20 table again.
- Tales of the City, More Tales of the City, Further Tales of the City - Armistead Maupin. These ones I really like, and yes I've read them before. It also appears there are another three in the series that I had no idea about, so I will have to do some internet searching.
- Harry Potter and (insert one of seven options here) -J.K. Rowling. Yup, read them all this year - pretty good! I think I might reread them, I have a terrible habit of not really 'getting' a book until after a few reads, and I will admit I was skimming for a fair bit of it because I just wanted to know what happens.
- Skinny Bitch - Kim Barnouin, Rory Freedman. This one I quite liked - it makes a lot of sense, but I can't honestly say I've followed it to a T. Maybe half a T? So like an uppercase I?
- The Complete Idiots Guide to Vegan Living - Beverly Lynn Bennett, Ray Sammartano. Not one I really needed to read, but I'm glad I did. I'm also hoping my parents will read it, seeing as they borrowed it.
- Matthew Reilly - Area 7. I didn't finish this, or even get part 100 pages. But I maintain that anyone smart enough to get a book published should be smart enough NOT to put exclamation marks in their sentences... like "... and then the ice tower collapsed!".
- The Chaser Annual - 2007. *Yawn* I'm glad they do okay TV...
Eight songs I could listen to over and over:
- Earth Intruders - Bjork;
- Toxic - Britney Spears;
- Must I Paint You a Picture - Billy Bragg;
- Paper Aeroplane - Angus & Julia Stone;
- Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs;
- I Summon You - Spoon;
- Girlshapedlovedrug - Gomez; and
- Childhood Dreams - Nelly Furtardo.
But if I was making a triple cd (8×3) I’d also include:
- Ode to Divorce - Regina Spektor;
- Aeroplanes - Erica Ordinary;
-There There (The Boney King of Nowhere) - Radiohead
- Dancing Nancies - Dave Matthews Band;
- Damn That New Body - Holly Throsby;
- So Broken - Bjork;
- Once in a Lifetime - Talking Heads;
- Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine;
- Work It - Missy Elliot;
- Lose My Breath - Destiny's Child;
- Take Me Back To Your House - Basement Jaxx;
- Here We Go Again - Angus & Julia Stone;
- Up With The Birds - Holly Throsby;
- BMFA - Martha Wainwright;
- Till I Don't Know Who I Am - Rory McLeod; and
- Summertime - The Sundays.
Eight Movies I have seen Eight times:
- Grease (I knew this off by heart when I was younger);
- Labyrinth (Mmm, David Bowie);
- Centre Stage (I can't help but watch it each time it's on TV - it's like a compulsion);
- Waynes World (Party Time, Excellent!);
- Waynes World II (How could I not?!);
- The Sound of Music (Long time staple);
- Superstar (My hilarious cousin's favorite!); and
- Bring It On (Eliza, how I'd turn for you....).
Eight people who should do this meme:
Alyndabear, Mick, Martie, Michelle, Mr B'b'rry, Sarah, Lara and M.
That didn't take TOO long!
DON'T FORGET! 500th POST INTERVIEW COMING UP SOON! SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR QUESTION! WILL NOT ANSWER IT DIRECTLY IF YOU ASK FOR MY REAL NAME ETC! I HAVE EIGHT(!!!) IN MY EMAIL BOX AND I HAVEN'T LOOKED AND THE SUSPENSE IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLING ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOFTLY!!!
** ALSO - I have gmail and it has a tendency to preview the first line or so of your email so put a blurb of rubbish in there too **