Monday, January 14, 2008

24 hours in the life of Enny

The Hun went camping Fri & Sat night with some of his buddies, leaving me home alone to entertain myself. This is a dangerous thing to do to an introverted extrovert who is on a diet.

I sat playing the internet for a while, feeling like I should do something constructive - walk down to the shops to buy dinner groceries, go to the gym, pump up my bike tires or walk up the hill near our house with an apparently amazing view (after some killer stairs). As a compromise to doing absolutely nothing, I went out the back and did 20 minutes of easy weeding before attempting some of the hardier weeds. These weeds have thrived so well in our paved dust bowl yard that they can no longer support themselves vertically, instead crawling along the ground. Turns out they are so strong, that my two arm tugged only resulted in pulling the leaves off so I took to them with the hedge clippers (we had an earwig nest growing under a weed with a half metre diameter!) until the mosquito bites that kinda looked like spider bites scared me inside.

After sitting on the couch for a bit I got talking to Erica and one thing turned to another - next thing we knew I was taking a photo of myself drinking two cruisers for dinner through my hot pink party hat:

Can I just tell you that drinking cruisers in this thing is either potentially awesome or potentially dangerous - it goes to your head MUCH quicker and if you don't keep drinking it, it will pour onto your nightie and almost get on your couch.

After a quick change of costume it became a bit of a competition, taking photos of ourselves in hats and facebooking them:

(matching Erica's beanie)

(In answer to her request for my round denim hat)

It was after this that I figured it was time to have something to eat (English Muffin! MMMM) and head off for bed.

The Hun's mum called just after 9 on Saturday morning to give me the recipe for the DIP OF AWESOME and I packed my day with answering calls from my mum to see a movie (unfortunately declined as I had other chores to do), trained my Nintendog Pugsley, played some Animal Crossing, emptied and moved the bookshelf in the Family Room, picked up our Bjork tickets from the Post Office (SQUEE!), did some groceries, did two loads of washing, took recipt of my new hutch $395 from $795), cleaned out the Tupperware cupboard, filled up the hutch, cleaned the kitchen, cleaned the loungeroom, cleaned the toilet, watched Glitter and Uncle Buck on TV, did two sinks of washing up, made a loaf of bread, made the DIP OF AWESOME and waited for mumsy and dadsy and eldest bro and eldest bros gf to come over and play Wii.

*phew*

You can just see the DIP OF AWESOME and my new favourite champagne - Brown Brothers Zibibbo is like a vegan Ricadonna!

Now mumsy and dadsy are now bidding on a Wii package on eBay, I learnt I take much better self portraits when I've been sculling cruisers, and The Hun learnt that putting an icebrick in the freezer door will lead to me whining all day that my middle left toe is broken even though it shows no sign of bruising and can bend every which way, even though it has a constant numb throb.

DON'T FORGET! 500th POST INTERVIEW COMING UP SOON - THIS WEEKEND I THINK! (THERE'LL BE TWO MORE POSTS BEFORE IT APPEARS). SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR QUESTION! WILL NOT ANSWER IT DIRECTLY IF YOU ASK FOR MY REAL NAME ETC! I HAVE NINE(o_0!!!) IN MY EMAIL BOX AND I HAVEN'T LOOKED AND THE SUSPENSE IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLING ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOFTLY WITH IT'S SOOOOOOOONG!!!

** ALSO - I have gmail and it has a tendency to preview the first line or so of your email so put a blurb of rubbish in there too **

7 comments:

Adam said...

Your face is definitely looking better these days, I like what you've done with your faceborder - is that new?

I want to see mumsy and dadsy and eldest bro and eldest bros gf all compete in the hat photo comp.

P.S) You are fun of hats.

Enny said...

adam - thankyou! I think I'm using a thicker line? They weren't allowed to because that was my private thing I showed to neraly 200 ppl I know on facebook and then amended and posted to the internets... and I am totally THE fun of hats!

Amanda said...

Hats are possibly the single most fun items of clothing in the entire universe. I love them completely and utterly. I intend to wear hats forever.

Cinders said...

I love the hat :) Zibibbo is my fave, did u know you can get it in the 'Pink' also? Very nice.

Enny said...

amanda - I don't have many, but I've seen some on others that I'd love to have - I'm just not trendy enough to spot/buy them myself!

linda - thanks! I haven't even seen it in the shops, but they best be stocked up when I'm next there :o)

Jen said...

I have acquired a few hats recently. I am not, by any means, a hat person but I have like three now? Bizarre. I like your drinks hat, I also like that it forces you to chug down your drinks, nice work :)

P.S I realised why I am so crap at commenting on your blog. I scroll down to click to link the comment, then get distracted by one of the awesome links on your blogroll and end up surfing away and forgetting that I actually never commented. Damn you for linking so many cool sites :P

Enny said...

d'jen - me too ;o) I will give you a hat pic when I buy my winter hat off you too! Heh heh - it's not even totally up to date coz I've been using the Reader instead!