Wednesday night was THE worst nights sleep I've ever had - I was up twice for the loo, and woke up roughly each hour with a head full of snot. This is turn woke up The Hun who was feeling progressively sh!ttier as the night wore on (apparently my tossing and turning didn't help). A phone call to the boss allowed me a day to rest it off and he signed off with 'see you tomorrow, maybe'.
I perked up a bit on Thursday just before lunch, then came crashing down again. I lay on the couch for almost four hours with a facewasher on my head - my head was burning hot, my feet were cold, I'd sweat then I'd cold sweat, then I'd need to sit up to blow my nose and my head would ache.
Friday morning I woke up to discover it hadn't sunk to my chest - it had expanded there. So I still felt like sh!t and now had the voice to match it. Another phone call and another day off. Again, I perked up in the middle of the day, but crashed again - lowlight being waking myself up after falling asleep on the couch accidentally by choking on my own lethal phlegm combination.
Saturday morning I woke up believing that somebody had created an eye out of whole new materials and replaced my eye with their new one. While pondering on why somebody would do that to me I woke up properly and realised that of course it was just a dream - instead thinking I had conjunctivitis.
There is a point to this story.
It seems that housecleaning is the cure for the cold - The Hun and I spent the weekend cleaning up for our inspection that's occurring either today or tomorrow. What's that? One of two days? Don't landlords have to give notice of the date and time they'll do an inspection?
Well, as said as I took over Michelle's comments:
- We got sent a letter on the 5th to say there'd be an inspection on the 25th of this month and that someone had to be home as they didn't own keys.
- I emailed on the 8th to say that every other inspection had been done without us there as they do have keys, however if someone must be present can they change it to the 26th as I would be home that day. No reply.
- I emailed on the 18th to see if she had received my email. No reply.
- I called on the 20th and someone else answered to say she was away from her desk and would call back. No reply.
- I called the general office on the 22nd and left a message on the answering machine. No reply.
- I called her direct number on the 22nd and took it out on the poor thing you answered the phone to say that no one would be home on the 25th, so they either find the keys or do it on the 26th. No. R.E.P.L.Y.
My money is on her not showing and instead rescheduling - will let you know how it goes.
Anyways, we're both snotty and coughy and occasionally headachey. Can I please recommend to all you people out there - next time you get a flu or cold, don't allow your partner to catch it at the same time. There is nothing worse than being sick and having someone compete for your sympathy, rather than looking after you. Meals just don't happen, no one will pat your head to make you feel better because it hurts to move their arm, and there's no one giving you that extra bit of leway for being rude just because your sick.
So now youngest bro has three people after him - eldest bro caught it as well and all fingers seem to point to him. Though I guess we should all forgive him seeing as the same bug caused him to almost pass out in the line at Subway the other night...