Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Very Nice Day

Today I have a Very Nice Day. One of those ordinary days where not a lot happens, but it's all just lovely.

We woke up at about 10:30 and I got up just before 2pm. I had some sliced bread that The Hun had bought to go with his dinner last night, then we walked to the shops to buy steak for his tea, then we drove across town to his work to pick up a disc that he needed. We watched some Harry's Practice, he cooked some chips for the both of us while I ate reheated stirfry and he cooked his steak sandwich. We're watching the rugby/Cats and Dogs, each with a drink in hand, and just chilling.

On our walk to the shops he remarked "I'm really enjoying our day together.".

We're both enjoying just living in the now. There is some amount of future talk, but not a whole lot. There is (yet another) understanding about what and when will happen. I am getting a new sense of perspective from realising that a lot of what I perceived as 'issues' is due to my own insecurities.

I am grateful for what I am lucky enough to have.
I am grateful for those things open to me in the future.
I am grateful for having A Very Nice Day.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, this is such a lovely post. You sound so happy and loved up.

Yay for you guys and yay for being content :)

Enny said...

D'jen - awwww. Let's count how many posts until I'm whinging again ;o) BUT it was just one of those rare occassions where something didn't need to be forced to be good.

Cléa said...

Sometimes that's all that matters, a perfect moment, one that is remembered. The big picture can wait for another day!

Enny said...

clea - absolutely! It's a lovely thing to hold on to :o)