Sunday, June 08, 2008

Galadarling

I read this on Galadarling.com and just had to share:
“You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure about you. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us.” — Marianne Williamson

Isn't it beautiful (I tend to skip the God references when I read it in my head).

If you don't visit that site already, I strongly recommend you do (or subscribe!) - Galadarling is an amazing woman and I would love to be her when I grow up.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Yeah, the God bits made it a bit difficult for me to read through the first time, but the sentiment is so true. My uncle and I were just talking about this last night night: that my approach in business is often to be self-effacing and humble. He suggested that most people won't/don't appreciate such an approach -- and actually take it as the truth rather as humility.

Enny said...

clarissa - it is! We spend so much time being told to be polite and overly thoughtful, but you're doing yourself no favours by pretending to be less than you, smaller than you are or easier to get along with than you really are.