Thursday, May 29, 2008

Self Help

So, it may have been a little more obvious to some than it was to others that I'm kinda in need of some help. So Self-Help it is.

I'm working myself through a relationship book - I'm up to the part where I have to finish 42 sentences and then I'm guided through my answers. I'm a little apprehensive about this - I don't think that my relationship realistically needs rescuing, but I know I need some clarity... what if the book tells me to abort, Abort, ABORT? I really don't want to.

From skimming through the book, it's also becoming clear I have some self-esteem issues (who? me?) that are affecting me and the way I behave. Yeah, it's all so obvious now!

I have another book I'm picking up tomorrow - gf1 was lovely enough to track down a copy for me that was in stock and at a discounted price. The second book is to focus on myself and my anxieties, which will be pretty interrelated to the book I'm currently reading.

Anyways - hope you're all enjoying the week... and if you're not following along at w-e-e-igh, there's no time like the present!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha! I think I know which book you're talking about and it may or may not be on my nightstand right now too!

Anonymous said...

haha i read self help, even when it doesn't really apply to me.

ie. he's just not that into you...pseudo self-help, right? but doesn't apply because, hi, no guy has ever come close to asking me out! haha.

Enny said...

sarah - did it help?! :o)

chasinglibby - there's always an interest in it, I think. Like to found out what you COULD be doing right/wrong even if it doesn't apply... just in case! Did you know they're making a movie of that book though?

Anonymous said...

I have a secret love for self help books, but like you I always find them hindering more than helping,sometimes it just isn't good to look at yourself/your life/your relationship that deeply :)

I hope you find the answers you're looking for!

Enny said...

fern - that makes sense too - and I've kind of felt it... like, things aren't as bad as they could be, so do I really need this? Thanks!