So, what's being going on in the marvellous world of the Enny-Pen?
- Thanks for the feedback on the last post, team - don't be afraid to keep it up!
- I'm stoked about being in the blog book, but I STILL haven't received my copy in the mail - has anyone got theirs yet? I ordered it as soon as I saw the post about it and I got notification it had been shipped on June 13, but that's been it so far. I really Really REALLY want to see it!
- Exams went okay too, I think. Results are out on Friday July 4 and I am eagerly awaiting the date with the usual dose of trepidation. The HR exam was pretty smooth - I was stressed I didn't know enough detail about the topics we were told to study, but I think my understanding was good enough. I wrote for 2 hours and 50 minutes, and didn't get time to go back and clean up all of my handwriting, but it should be legible enough (I hope!) - someone walked out after 40 minutes... I'm guessing they didn't write four essays like they were supposed to. The IS exam did not go as awesome, but it's to be expected in a unit I didn't really like or understand - rereading the lecture notes and textbook highlighted what a terrible unit it was. I wrote for 1 hour and 50 minutes then got stumped on the last part of the question - I wrote an introductory paragraph to make it look like I might have some idea and then sat and rubbed my hand for 10 minutes. You see, my plan is to make it look like I ran out of time.... I'll let you know if it worked or not.
- The other exciting news is that while
beggingasking one of my tutors next semester if there'd be a Monday tute, he pointed out that I should be able to credit for one or two of the units I have left to do. Best case scenario = I'll be doing one unit next semester and graduating at the end of the year; Average case scenario = I'll be doing two units next semester and graduating at the end of the year; Worst case scenario = I'll be doing two units next semester and one at the start of next year, graduating July 2009. Even the worst case scenario isn't that bad - when I first started this degree my end date was meant to be mid 2011, then the end of 2009, so I'm pretty awesome no matter what.
- Work has been same-old same-old. There was talk of my role changing but that's gone quiet - I guess all I can do is wait it out (there's a lot of chatter in the PS after the government change, so there is a lot of waiting game being played around Canberra).
- Home life is good too - we're house saving, but it's not totally drowning me and I'm getting a thrill out of looking at the numbers. It's been a while since I've acted the part of wannabe-bridezilla and I think a lot of it has to do with how we've been communicating a bit better. I never got up to doing those quizzes, so I'm saving them for a rainy day at this stage.
- Martial arts is plodding along nicely - we have a grading coming up in two weeks, so we've spent a fair bit of time training four of our students to grade. It's going to be a great day, but we've still got work to do and are running out of time to do it.
- Travel is looking good for the next six months or so - I should be going to Brisbane three times, Sydney twice, (edit: Melbourne twice) and Adelaide, Hobart and Perth once each. How awesome is that!