Sunday, January 15, 2006

Die-ing to know about the die-t

I know you're curious about the bet.

Nayways, Weightwatchers.

The trick is fairly simple (once you've got the hang of it) - stick the kilojoules and saturated fats into a calculater with The Magic Formula to determine the 'points' value of anything you can put in your mouth (as in food and drinks, people! You! Out of the gutter, ploise!). You can earn 'bonus' points thru exercise and save up to 4 pts a day to carry over to another day in the same week.

Last time I did it I was fairly sucessful - 10 kilos in 13 weeks - and that was without counting alchohol points.

This time I am, and I'm learning something alarming over my gastronomic habits.

Lemme lay it down for you:

Day One:
Breakfast - 1 pt
Lunch - 4.5 pts
Dinner - 5.5 pts
Snacks - 2 pts
Alchohol - 3 pts.

Day Two:
Breakfast - 2 pts
Lunck - 2 pts
Dinner - 4 pts
Alchohol - 19 points.

Hmmmm...

Luckily, I slept until 2pm today - limiting the amount I could ingest - and I've re-balanced my used points and saved points to still be on the 'losing' team. Expect a 'number' post on Thursday after the first official weigh in.

--------------------------------------

On a somewhat related note - I'm proposing a boycott of Hogs Breath in Woden. Let me just say that girlfriend waitress who does not read back your order to ensure she's recorded it right after looking like she's been working a 12 hours shift (read: like a tired turd) should have no damn right to tell you that you ordered 'fries and vegies' and not 'mash and salad' because "I distinctly remember you telling me fries and vegies and it's what I've got written here so that's how it is"*

* I did stage a mini protest by leaving ALL the fat I could find on the steak still sitting there to congeal next to my un-eaten fries with my cutlery crossed (SNAP!) but The Hun and co. were still hungry and ate all the fries thus spoiling half of my protest (the other half spoiled when I had to explain what crossed cutlery meant to my friends so girlfriend proddly wouldn understand that anyways) AND I think we accidentally tipped her.

4 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

Once I figured out how to cut down on WW points, and substitute them for alcohol, I discovered I didn't need to eat. Yeah, lasted 2 days... But it does work. The toughest thing I found was limiting the amount of carbs because they scored high points, but it was worth it.

Erica said...

So much counting and calculating and guilt...

Now I know why I've never attempted a structured diet of any form.

comicstriphero said...

Shoulda guilt-tripped the waitress with something along the lines of "I'm actually allergic to fries and vegies and if I eat those I'll DIE. Do you hear me? DIE. So I would NEVER make that order."

Makes sense, doesn't it?

Enny said...

CB - the toughest for me (besides the actual quantity or lack thereof) is sweeties! I love choccies and chippies and so on and so forth. Luckily, a cruiser is sweet so it kinda helps

Erica - Once you get the hang of it, it's not tricky at all! You can calculate or approximate points almost instantly once you've done it for a few weeks =o)

And CSH - I'm such a Public Servant - I've been sitting here all morning dwelling on typing them a nasty email ;o) But I felt guilty bout specifying the diet coke for the bacardi and NO dressing so on, so forth...