Sunday, May 25, 2008

nude

From possibly the most beautiful Radiohead song written yet:
Don't get any big ideas
They're not gonna happen
You paint yourself white
And fill the holes
There'll be something missing
Just when you found it
It's gone
Just when you feel it
You don't
It's gone forever
Sometimes I amaze even myself in the manner I can switch from one end of the pendulum to the other so rapidly.

And when I catch myself on the swing - I try to stabilize. So many times I have gotten ahead of myself and been disappointed that I make the extra effort to be realistic.

So the shock hits twice as hard when I'm wrong and I've thought that this time I wasn't.

So sure am I of what I want and who I am and where I'm going. But one misstep, one question of caution, is enough to throw everything in the air again. Leaving me to swing, aimlessly.

Left foot, right foot; breathe in, breathe out; pause and think.

No comments: