Well, it seems Bjork was no different.
My rambling dot points were right - it was THE most disorganised pile of dogsh!t there ever was. My Friday morning in dot point form:
- Open Festival website, see nothing indicating how to order tickets from site;
- Wait until 9am for BUY TICKETS HERE to appear, but nothing;
- Call Opera House 8 times in a row, fail to get a dial tone;
- Find list of phone numbers on festival site where tickets can be bought, ring all 6 a few times until one finally starts ringing;
- Commence 20 minutes of being on hold to Moshtix;
- Frantically refresh the Festival sites;
- Crankilly whinge to self about the Opera House site showing a combination of 'timed out' and 'results not found' when clicking on the 'Bjork' icon;
- Get through to Moshtix only to be told that they have no idea what I'm talking about, even though they are listed as a ticket seller for the event;
- Call The Hun and ask him if he can see anywhere to buy tickets on Festival site;
- Start searching Ticketek site for Bjork tickets;
- Get cranky at website because it keeps showing 'time out' whenever I select 3 tickets;
- Call The Hun and ask him if he can get them from Ticketek;
- Keep trying Ticketeck and Opera House;
- Call The Hun again and find out he has given up because he couldn't buy 3 or 2 or 1 tickets - turns out firewall was blocking ticket buying, not the website;
- Finally get through to Ticketek on phone - be told they are all sold out;
- Call The Hun to tell him they're sold out and struggle to hold back tears;
- Call middle bro to ask him to keep an eye on eBay for me for tickets to Bjork because I will pay anything to see her;
- Call the Opera House - be told that yes, they are all sold out.
- Email The Hun, eldest bro and middle bro a message filled with expletives bluntly stating dissapointment;
- Receive reply from eldest bro stating he hopes she'll hold a second show as there is a few free nights between her show and Big Day Out;
- Receive reply from middle bro stating he hopes she doesn't hold a second show - ignore;
- Receive reply from The Hun indicating a truck crash on the road we need to take to get to wedding - reply that my day can't get any worse;
- Call The Hun to whinge about how the firewall was making it look like the websites were down when actually they weren't and if only I'd know I could have got The Hun or middle bro to buy the tickets for me earlier or I could have started late...;
- Tell The Hun that no, I didn't reply to middle bro's email - why would I, he was being nasty hoping that there wasn't another show;
- Drop jaw in shock as The Hun tells me to open the attachment on middle bro's email that I obviously didn't see and find out middle bro managed to buy me the last ticket available from the Opera House site;
- Feel tears of anger turn to tears of joy.
So, lemme know if you're going! OR if you know somewhere to get some tickets - the prob is they aren't sending tix out until January 7, so it's going to be a bit of rush to buy them that way!