**********************************************Interlude: Here's something more entertaining than the post below - first forward I've received in a while to make me laugh out loud:
Five useless facts about me (that you might not know).
Where to begin...?!
1. I'm a hypochondriac. Ok, you might know that already, but within a six month period I'll have been to the doctor for Gardasil, to get a blood test, to get my blood test results, back to the doctor for Gardasil, to get a mole checked, to get my warts frozen, to get my warts frozen again, to get my warts uninfected, to get my warts inspected, to get my warts quarterised (eek!), to get my final Gardasil and (if we end up travelling) to get some needles. And within there I have resisted a few urges to drop in to get more moles checked... I'm paranoid about skin cancer - the story about the girl who got the phone call from David Beckham is my worst nightmare. She saw a few doctors who all told her a mole on her neck were nothing to worry about, but by the time someone took her seriously it was too late and had spread. She died just the other day...
2. I'm super ticklish. You name it, I'm ticklish there. And if you so much as make the ticklish motion towards my body, I get phantom tickle and freak out. My version of freaking out whilst getting tickled also tends to come with my groping for your neck or eyes because my instinct tells me it's the quickest way to get you to stop. I'M. SO. SORRY.
3. I (used to) love squishing eggshells. I don't know what it was, but I LOVED to scrunch empty eggshells in my hands and rub them round and round. Interesting.
4. I've never had a filling. I'm off to the doctor for the first time in almost three years on Monday - this might change.
5. I'm freaking out about my birthday. I used to love birthdays - the happy day, the party, the work lunch, the gifts... I turn 25 this year. 25 is more than a quarter of my life gone. I'm meant to be an adult. I'm going to have grey hairs. I'm going to get wrinkles. I haven't travelled overseas, I have no savings, I don't own a house, I'm childess, I'm unwed, I'm in a job that I fell into and don't know whether I like it or not, I'm still at uni... TWENTY FIVE IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS. I'm predicting tears on my birthday - that's my heads up for you peeps.
I was up until 2:30 last night and couldn't sleep, so thought of another five for you folks:
1b. When I sign my name in my signature, I use a curvy 'E' like a backwards three. Why? Because that's how Elvis Presley signed his (and my dad's an Elvis freak!).
2b. I hate bugs. But I hate seeing them killed more. This usually results in shivers, squealing and dancing feet as I try to catch the blighters (spiders, ants, cockroaches) in a cup and paper and put them outside without squishing them. This is also why we had to purchase a humane mousetrap (there's a MOUSE in the HOUSE!) but I have NO IDEA how I will cope with transporting the lil fella.
3b. I have a shocking short and long term memory. I have trouble remembering what I came into a room to do, what the point of my story was, what I was going to blog about. I also have toruble remembering things a while in the past without distorting them a bit. This means that my propensity for retelling stories from the past can cause some grief, what with it changing all the time and making me look like a liar. And I had another point for this but can't remember!
4b. I have an addictive personality. I will play a game to death, to the point where it affects my everyday life. Play Mario till I see a little mario-man jumping between the words when I'm reading a book, playing tetris till I find my self looking at objects and wondering how I could sort them together to make lines, playing minesweeper till I find myself looking at a room and itemising each object with a number depending on the number of other items close to it. This is why I'm happy to eat the same thing for breakfast of lunch or dinner for extended periods of time and also why I haven't taken up smoking or anything (I only just broke my red-eye habit!).
5b. When I'm trying to learn or memorise or remember something, I break it down into initials. That's how I (almost) remembered my points for this post from last night - it was like 'ASAP' with with an M in the middle and slightly different - ESMEI (Elvis, spiders, memory, addictive, initials). As you can see, my letter breakdown might not make a lot of sense to anyone else and it requires me to try and relax and let them come back to me (which is no good as I always need them for an event or something!) but I just can't think of how to learn any other way.
I'm so sorry that wasn't more interesting...!
D'jen - because I'd love to know what she has to say!
Lulu - because I feel bad I didn't do her last meme (don't let the thinking hurt your head)!
Mars - because I want her to realise she's not Bridget Jones!
Deb - because I'd love to know more about her!
Somewhat Sober - because I want to check she's still alive!
(And anyone else who wants to participate of course)