Thursday, April 06, 2006

EnnyPen 101 - Week 7

Ahh - Mid Semester tests - where would we be without them?

I'm fresh outta a 30% close book multiple choice Economics exam - the fact that I'm out less than hour after it started is either really, really good or really, really bad.

Having spent most of my weekend watching car racing rather than studying, I've had to spend a LOT of outside time hunched over the textbooks the last few days- I believe I read 22 chapters (of which the last 3 or 4 could be politely classed as 'skimmed') and I was tracking OK on the sample test - 32 out of 40. And thats 22 full, brain aching, heavy, dense chapters.

Hopefully I'm correct in assuming that this exam was easier than the sample test - we'll find out in week 9 - but it was kinda warming to see all the posts on the unit message board about first yeareres cramming at 3am and hear the youngins outside the lecture theatre yelling to friends how they always promise themselves they'll start study three days before the test and not just the night before but failed again (helpful when Canberra's colder than Melbourne).

Finger's crossed peeps.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I don't know about Canberra being colder than Melbourne right now. We've had an absolutely freezing week! Deathly cold winds.

Enny said...

I think Canberra has a bigger windchill - the way we're surrounded by mountains, it's like sitting in a bowl rimmed with ice with someone blowing cold air over the top - it just comes in from all directions and stays there!