Monday, February 13, 2006

Mini break!

The Hun and I took a minibreak to Dalmeny - five minutes short of Narooma on the south coast. I had to get kays up on my car for the whole salary-sacrifice thing and my mums side of the family has a house down there two blocks from the beach, so we trecked down on Friday arvo.

There wasn't too much going on down there - we walked through rope thick spiderwebs before coming accross the biggest and fasters motherfucking huntsmen either of us had seen:

(Please note he was much bigger and faster than he appears in this pic)

The Hun finally managed to scooch him out of the house with the mop bucket and a monopoly lid, after we spent 20 minutes shaking sheets, mattress, bedframe and floor out with a broom - the bitch was behind the door.

Here he is on the road - can you see him?


We always visited this house when we went on holidays and always paid Mumsy out as she reminisced about all the furniture and memories - I've been told I'm now the same. "That was my brothers quilt" "That was from my Aunty" "This is the old shower" blah blah blah. I don't care - cheers for memories!!!


It was also interesting in that the house is full of everybodies old second hand crap and unwanteds, yet The Hun wanted to switch iron, television, DVD player and vaccuum cleaner with ours (please note we don't live in a junkshed it just SOUNDS that way!!!).

Sat we his the market (v small but I bought some beads and made a necklace), had brekky in the carpark and hit Narooma to look for crab meat. We didn't find any but we did find prawns and some scraggy rough kindy-age kids hanging round the carpark waiting for burnouts while we ate icecreams in the car with the air-con on to keep the prawns cool (I can't eat a magnum AND drive!!).

Sunday we hit Mogo zoo - have you been? There were some cute monkeys:



Bears:


And best of all - the frickin meerkats!! Sure, half of them looked dead or dying, but they are one of my new favourite animals! Observe:




(Gifts of meerkats would be loving accepted for upcoming birthday on March 27 - ta!).

I also tried to shock my body out of it's appalling only 400g loss over 10 days with the following:

Deep fried fish
Chips
Potato Scallop
Prawn Skewer
Chocolate Challenge Icecream Sundae
Bacon
Scrambled Eggs
Buttered Toast
Mushroom
Magnum Icecream
Half a kilo of prawns
Buttered Breadroll
4 cruisers (mental note for nex time - 3 makes me randy, 4 makes me fall asleep during Family Guy)
White Costello Cheese
4 rows of 'three wishes' chocolate
3 rows of 'three wishes' chocolate (for breakfast)
Chicken, Cheese, Avocado and sundried tomato foccacia
Chocolate Gelati
Peanut Brittle
Gummi Bears
Gummi Lips
Chocolate Milk
and Conder Pizza.

I'll let you know if my plan worked ;o)

No comments: