You gotta love those monthly cards that come along with being a girl...
My rant for this month came about over the weekend.
Sat arvo I had a birthday afternoon tea at my friend from martial arts place with two other martial arts ladies, my ex-instructor, my friends partner, his 7yo and a 5 yo, 3yo and 2yo.
The afternoon was spent sitting in a house surROUNDed by a bunch of screaming, running, yelling, messy, noisy kids.
It started at 3 - 3 cruisers and 3hrs 45 mins later I was leaving for the Conder house - The Hun was to be at the club to catch up on a blokey type night - unfortch my maths was out and I forget to include the time needed to get home, blah blah blah - I dropped him and one of his buddys (one of my ex-housemates) off at about 7:30...
Come 2am I was still up on the lappy, (chatting!) and perousing the big brother forums before finally giving him a call to see if I were still even meant to be awake!
Flip forward 2 1/2 hours to find him shuffling into bed after winding up the night wandering the streets of 'bundah after a house party of 3 grads and his 3 friends.
This morning I headed off to a 1st birthday party (funnily, the baby is son of The Huns high school gf - not his baby!!) whilst he 'slept it off'... then I popped back in post party to find him foetus-style on the couch, so popped back out again to take advantage of Harvey Normans 15c prints special (anyone wanna tell me what 480 * .15 is?!) and popped back in and found him doin pretty much the same thing.
And then I was meant to do the groceries. ALONE.
And so I started my monthly snap.
Let's do the math peeps:
* Arvo tea surrounded by noisy young things
* Few drinks
* Having to leave early to drop off The Hun
* Having to pick up a friend
* Having to sit alone and eat hummous and bread for dinner
* Lack of sleep
* Being woken up at 4:10 to hear about random drunken night spent with good company
* Being told at 4:30 (amongst all the great things that I do honestly love to hear when he's been drinking and all lovey) that he doesn't THINK he would ever love anyone else like he loves me (keyword: THINK)
* Being woken at 5:30 for his emergency dash to the loo that involved a bizarre opening and closing sliding doors unnecessarily ritual for an almost-spew
* Driving 20 minutes south to attend party by myself this morning
* Spending 2 hours surrounded by babies and married couples ALONE
* Driving 20 minutes back after attending party by myself
* etc etc etc
Basically - don't add hormones, tiredness, babies, married couples and extended periods of time alone when by rights I feel I should have company if you want me to not go a lil nutty.
I think I've sorted it out - I sulked, pouted, slammed things, raised my voice, stamped my feet then had takeaway and gave a fair amount of head scratchin (IN A NON EROTIC WAY!!).
It's usually just that simple!
BUT, can anyone answer me these:
Do all boys not go to things they're invited to like that?
Do they have a long line of excuses to avoid these things such as working overtime, going to a friends house and being hungover?
Is it normal as a girl to put the drunken comment + the lack of attendance + the lack of diamond rings, wedding plans etc together to create a girly tanty that would bring me no closer to those things that I want?!
(You're welcome to comment too, gents!)