Friday, May 26, 2006

EnnyPen 101 - Week 14

I've been letting the team down - first 101 post that's should proddly be titled 101+1 (day).

Normally when I do my blogging at uni it's just after the first hour of my two hour break - unfortch, as we had a group presentation to...er... present, 'we' were meeting up to practice during my writey time.

Overview:
Enny + 40yoish femme + 1st yearer femme + 1st year male = group
MARKETING IS A WASTE OF TIME.
GROUP WORK IS A WASTE OF TIME.
MARKETING GROUP WORK IS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME.

I won't go into too much detail (you get the gist of it above) but a few main gripes:

You get forced to hang out with ppl you don't wanna/typically hang out with for whatever reason - age, education, available time, hobbies etc but you can't do anything about it. If it were a normal working situation, you're all at the same place for a lot of the time, you have roughly the same workload, you 'd proddly get along and be willing to work together and you could proddly get some sorta intervention/management/guidance if things don't go as they should. And there is no way you learn all about the topic - you only learn about the part that you got assigned to (and even then it's only the minimal cram so you don't retain it).

We had quite a few no-shows and dropped-off-the-end-of-the-earths - I was only the naughty member once (when I piked out a Sunday morning meeting post T'wo margarita's) but I was on the net the whole time being productive, rather than bumming around an empty lecture theatre, waiting for the non-attenders, not having my opinion listened to and not actually achieving anything or making progress. Seriously, if you are a student - you should have email and check it v regularly so I don't have to drive my hungovery ass into the city on a Sunday morning when I can do more in my jammies on the couch.

(PS - We got over 76% for the presentation - One of my sections was the only to receive 'excellent' instead of 'very good' and I'm currently on a high credit for a course I hate, know very little about and obviously don't appreciate/understand/respect!)

No comments: