Monday, August 01, 2005

Thank God it's over! (It's not that interesting but I felt I had to fill you in anyway as it's all I've been thinking about for months!!!)

I passed - EnnyPen is now a 3rd Dan.

I did tai chi form, stork form, crane form (with a punch through wood in the middle), fighting on a horse form, sidekick form, star form and free form with a stick.I did wrist grabs, knife attacks, partner work, (LOTS of partnerwork) and combinations forwards, backwards and with a jump/change. I sparred one and two people respectively. I broke three boards with my elbow, and four with two kicks and two chops.

All I've got to show for it is a blistered pussy (as in lots of pus) toe, a weepy knuckle (from crane form that bled the entire 80 minutes), some bruising on my hands and a headache (2 parts exhaustion to 1 part dehydration). Oh, and the certificate and another stripe for my belt.

I am SO glad I won't have to do it for another for or five years. SO GLAD!!!!

We started half an hour late, with nerves so overwhelming I was puffing at the end of tai ch'i form (hint: NOT NORMAL) and all video footage shows me staring gape-mouthed at the instructor in an effort to stop my nerves from blocking my hearing whilst trying to get some oxygen into me. We had a nice chat with the masters and then went to the Pide House for a feast (SooooOOOOooo good!) and back to the other girls place for an 'after party', then I was ready for sleep - so have to catch up on the drinking I'm owed!. Lunch at Ginseng in Manuka the next day was lovely, topped off by being given our certificates. Then there was much napping and Conder Pizza and Cadbury Marble chocolate eating, to mourn my self-made deal to start counting my weight-watchers points again from today. *sigh*

So, I'm off to re-iron my bloody uniform (no time for washing!) {Deleted by the Author - sorry dudes!}

But thats the plus-side of the job.

Whatever will I blog about now?!

1 comment:

Teej Mahal said...

Dude, when I went for my Shodan, I got so nervous in front of Kanazawa Sensei (i.e head of World Shotokan, doing my freaking blackbelt grading), that I bolted outside during the warmups and vomited in the flower garden. Didn't even bow to shomen on the way out.

Yeowch.

Still passed though. I'm mildly smug about that.