Wednesday, August 10, 2005

SNOW!!! IN CANBERRA!!!!

You heard me!

Checkit:

Weatherpixie couldna got it more wrong. Frickin Freezin'. No Sun. Wind blowing up a storm. White. Everywhere.

I love that the weather can be enough to stop the whole public service from doing 'important' stuff and draw them towards the closest window to ooh and ahh and gasp and talk about 'walking to school in England' and 'buying snowchains' and 'snowday off work tomorrow'.

To be honest, it was really beautiful. I don't ever remember seeing it like this before, the only proof I have of snow in Canberra is a photo of me barefoot on the front lawn with spatterings of white, when I was about 5 years old. Yup, barefoot. BASTARDS!!!

It was floating, and twirling and twisting around, varying sizes, shapes and thickness, building up in some areas and dissapearing instantly in others. Real Life SNOW!!!

Don't hold ur breath peoples:

This is all that remained on my car after I got home to where my camera was paitently waiting. You'll just have to take my word that there was snow-like on my car, and it was dainty and lovely.

This is a hill from my backyard. For those who know some of Canberra, Gordon is to the left of the hill and probably in front of the hill too. Lanyon shops would be somewhere to right. The arrows are pointing out snow, more snow and the randoms that were walking past as I peered over my back fence.

Sorry Dude and Dudettes - that's all I got for now.

Rumour has it we'll be going below minus 5 down here tonight, so rug up!

6 comments:

The Student said...

You couldn't take a photo of snow on a round-about?

How is it believable that you're even in Canberra?

ChickyBabe said...

Brrr...It's even cold in Sydney!

I think your Pixie and my Pixie have had words...if I were you I better watch out ;).

Enny said...

Student? Have you taken ur kriptonite today? Or am I just totally paranoid about getting people offside...

No roundabout photos coz down in lanyon there is no snow on them! You'd think that bein the area of Canberra closest to Cooma and all that there it would be snow-freakin-city, but everywhere - EVERYWHERE - else in Canberra has frosty snow all round.

I shoulda taken my camera to The Huns parents when we went for dinner - I coulda got a shot of the frozen snow sitting in the open camelias. Hallmark, eat ur heart out.

But, if it does come this way overnight, I'll be sure to duck out in my jammies n snap some pix of the white stuff =o)

The Student said...

Offside? I couldn't be less offside.

mj said...

I want my summer now, but I'll happily settle for spring...

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon!!! enny-pen.blogspot.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. Keep it that way.