Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pedal, Pedal, Pedal

Tonight, for the first time in a few years, I will be participating in a cycle class. RPM to be more precise.

I'm a little more than terrified.

I loved it when I was doing it most weekdays at the gym across the road from work - sure, I wanted to vomit everywhere then nestle down in it and die after the first class, but after the first few weeks my butt was immune to the pain, I wasn't panting like a St Bernard as soon as it started and the gross amounts of sweat I put out were finally a medal rather than something to feel embarrassed about. But the thing that I loved most about it was that I was often the best in the class at it, or least one of the top performers.

I'm really hoping I can get back into the groove with it - I'm hoping to make it three times a week and still go to a pump class as well. I'm hoping my clicky knee doesn't give me grief and allow me to just give up. I'm hoping I'm not intimidated by the people who will be in there who will most probably definitely be fitter than me. I'm hoping these giant man legs I've been 'gifted' with will come in handy... Wish me luck, ppl!

THEN go wish the amazing Mr Adam a very happy birthday!!

3 comments:

Desci said...

Go Enny!

We had our first Pump class a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how easy it was (I was expecting DEATH, but I've been doing weights on and off for a year now, so it was hard but not awful).

And I've been TRYING to get boyfriend on the bikes by telling him the butt pain WILL go away... he remains cynical.

Amanda said...

Good luck! I love RPM with a passion, i'm sure you'll be back into it in no time at all :)

Enny said...

desci - the first Pump I ever did I did with just the bar and could hardly drive home because my clutch leg and gear shift arm were that exhausted! I love that you can just power through it - it's a great class. I know for fact that it goes away - they recommend these padded chamoise bike pants (NOICE!) but I asked if you can wear them under shorts and they said you can, and that there are some that are loose shorts rather than bikies. THANKFULLY.

amanda - thankyou! The pain was VERY familiar halfway through the first track, but I got in the zone a few times - they have a stupid policy in place where you can only book in once a week for the first month, so I hafta weigh up hanging out in the foyer on thurs night and sat morning in the hopes there is a vacancy to go again!