Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Headingless post

(Jus a quickie!)

Today is a milestone day! Grab a pen and mark it down - 12/12/06 was the first time I ever tried:
{Insert musical fruit reference here}

Verdict: Hrm. A bit mushy, but I didn't have the urge to just chuck them out - I had them with cruskits and I've been told that next time I should have them with toast.

It was funny tho, as soon as I got someone to open the can for me (I can't open ringpull cans and I have a scar that required three stitches to prove it) I immediately thought of middle bro. Baked beans on toast was a weekend staple for him in my house - Dadsy and middle bro eating them, with Landline on the telly on a Saturday...

I have the feeling it's one of the last things that I just hadn't tried because I didn't want to (OMG MIDLIFE CRISIS?!) - I have come quite some way over the past few years - Soup, dip, white wine, beans, tomato, parsnip.... I think a bowl of wet cereal, porridge and canned spaghetti may be the last 'everyday things I don't eat' that I can think of! However, we don't keep soy milk at home (other than my chocolate poppers!) so that knocks the first two off, and all the canned spaghetti has contained cheese that I've seen, so they won't be coming anytime soon either.

I went almost 25 years without even a TASTE of that badboys!

4 comments:

m. said...

i still haven't tried them. i just remember the smell from friends eating them as a child...



ugh.

Enny said...

m. - isn't the funny the way it can be bad or good smell memory... I do OBVIOUSLY remember hating the aftersmell, but at the time it was just normal.

Adam said...

Did you write 'headingless post' or did it do that automatically?

Enny said...

ninja - Hullo! I went back and put it in when I realised I'd posted without a heading...