Tuesday, September 06, 2005

EnnyPen 101 - Week 7

Three cheers for class free period!

Hip - hip - hooray!
Hip - hip - hooray!
Hip - hip - hooray!


My lucrative 'study leave' policy means that I've been given the next two tuesdays paid off work to do my assignments:

- A five minute speech worth 10% on how increased financial flows have decreased state sovereignty (due: 11:30 am Tuesday, week 14);
- 2000 words worth 40% where I have to identify arguments in support of and against the philosophies of the New Right and economic rationalism. Are political ideologies relevant to contemporary government, business and society? (due: 5pm Friday, week 10);
- 1500 words worth 20% based on a newspaper article or current topic relating to contract law, e-commence, the Trade Practices Act, the Sale of Goods Act, agency, business ethics, choice of business entity, or tort law in a business context (that is no more than 1 year old) - Analyse and explain the issues involved to another business person (who has not taken this course) (due: 5pm Monday, week 10); and
- 1-2 pages worth 10% on a written contract of your choice from whatever source you choose. Employment contracts, sales contracts, license agreements, and dry cleaning tickets are possible choices, but there are many more. Summarise whether this contract meets ALL the requirements of a valid simple contract and your overall impressions about the contract (due: 5pm Monday, week 10).

This would be the first time in history that I have even looked at a uni (or school!) assignment more than a week or so before it is due, but it seemed to work for my martial arts essay (if anyone wants to read about self defence, history of hyumgs or what differentiates my art from others - let me know and I'll publish it!) so I'm gonna take a stab at it.

My dad's helped me out with some resources (he's doing his MBA atm), but at this stage I am considering studying the Big Brother contract for the last one (it was published all around the place!), tho' I may have a look into it some more. You gotta love having an assignment with 'originality' marked as the first aspect of the assignment you'll be marked on!

******

On another note, that fuckwit Abott and his sugar daddy Howard should have their asses out of parliament. I know I've already yammered about this before (tho I did lock myself out straight afterwards), but wrap your laughing gear around this. If you know anyone, anyone, who voted Liberal last election, then I prescribe merciless taunting and yammering, blaming and crying, yelling and finger pointing in their general direction. I know one person who did, and boy has he got it coming.

I don't know enough about politics (or if I ever will) to work out why the fuck what Abott did is gonna jus be ignored. Um, hello? Making fun of a work colleague twice after such a sombre incident, in meetings for his job on both occassioans is obviously a bigger fucking deal than joking with friends at parties.

But I'm sure you know all this already.

******

I'm also considering becoming vegitarian. It's not that I haven't realised the cruelty and total anti-good-karma-ism of eating animals, but I was driving behind a slow truck on my way back to Conder last night. When it wobbled it's way around the roundabout, I realised it was full of sheep. Who were being taken to be killed. Then eaten.

Poor bastards.

Truckin thru canberra on a dark cold night, all stacked up like Jenga blocks, on their way to have their throats slit.

I haven't had any meat since - so far, so good.

******

2 comments:

ChickyBabe said...

Ugh...that brings back memories of my postgrad. The worst part was working on team assignments where people don't pull their weight!

Good luck with these!

Enny said...

*ugh*

Let's just pretend I was totally efficient yesterday... ;o)