Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oops, have they done it again?

Got an SMS from the gf of my old housemate (I can't remember the nickname I gave him) asking for my address as she had to send me something. They live around the corner from us, literally. They are so close that we can see their front yard from our courtyard - when you stand on their front lawn you can tell if we're still up because you can tell if the lights are still on. I believe they can hear The Huns persistent cough each morning as well as my wannabe warbling in the shower each night - my current song of choice is Regina Spektor's (of course) Music Box - imbedded below for your pleasure:



So, what's the bet? Is this another set of friends engaged? Any other ideas as to what it could be? Because my initial thoughts (before guessing at engagement) was that she was going to send a bomb to my house (I have no idea why, shush now).

8 comments:

Amanda said...

It's got to be an engagement, which is a bit boring really. Why not something exciting, like they bought you a subscription to something to be sent to you every single week for the rest of your life. That would be nice.

Adam said...

Invitation to a massive 3 spit greek barbeque?

Jen said...

I'd also bet engagement party, there are no many other occasions that's invitations would require an address for at our age :)

They could save themselves 50c and hand deliver it to your mailbox though, wouldn't it be easier?

Enny said...

amanda - mebbe they bought me Womens Health? I already told them it was overpriced and not as good as I thought it would be...

adam - your guess has been noted - still no mail, so you're in with a chance!

d'jen - I know! It's stoopid - in the time she messaged and I replied, she could walked up n popped it in the mailbox... it's still with Aus Post! I've heard that some ppl get offended when certain types of invites n thankyous aren't posted though - how stupid is that?!

Pink said...

my guess is that its a wedding.

either that or a restraining order ;)

Rosanna said...

A wedding, for sure. And then you get to wear a dress! Yahoo!

Thank you for getting me onto Regina Spektor - she is *fantastic*

Adam said...

Invitation to a Black Tie Jelly Wrestling event?

A letter requesting a kidney?

Wait! How could she not know your address? I reckon you should post her an award for laziness - unless of course, you sms her for her address, then I'll post you both.

Enny said...

pink - hullo! I hadn't thought of restraining order...

rosanna - it was -4 here this morning - the water bottle that was in my car that I was using to defrost my windscreen had ice in it!!! And my pleasure - I'm glad you're enjoying it :o)

adam - She did know my address, just not the unit number of my townhouse I'm guessing BUT I now have her address as I GOT THE LETTER IN THE MAIL TODAY! You may have actually been closest...

it...

was...

an...

invite...

to...

a suprise baby shower for another mutual friend that's living in Queensland. So we were all wrong!