Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Dear **** **********, MLA

I resent that you wouldn't let me in to the right lane at the stupidest round-a-bout in all of Canberra this afternoon. In peak hour traffic. When you could see that I was backing up the traffic halfway to the Hyperdome in my attempt to be able to get home.

I also resent that you nonchalantly looked out your driver side window like you didn't know what you were doing, while you inched closer and Closer and CLOSER to the car in front of you.

I also resent that you didn't indicate as you turned right at the roundabout - you know that knobby thing to the right of the steering wheel of your big mans car? Yeah, you're meant to use that. And no, using it for a little then stopping it before you turn does not legal indication make.

However, I don't resent you having personalised numberplates to assist in my identification of you; nor that you have given me something else to support my belief that all youse politics guys are jerky shitheads.

Hearts,
Enny.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I have been to Canberra many times for dancing competitions of all things, and it has always amazed me how much of a circle town it is. Not only that, there are roads that have roundabouts every intersection, and each intersection looks absolutely identical, so it's very very easy to get lost. We had to knock on the door of somoene's house once, who came out in their dressing gown, just to ask for directions.

Enny said...

I may hate the pollies and the our reputation, but I love all our little roudabouts! It makes driving so much less stressful, because you don't spend as much time crossing traffic - but it makes me dread interstate driving!