Sunday, July 17, 2005

Proud Mary Keep on Burnin'

When I was younger, my cousin (the Jellyfish look-alike) had a red Tina Turner wig. Granted, there's not too much you can do with except take turns wearing it and laughing (tho I have managed to get photos of 2 outta 3 of my brothers in drag wearing the wig), but it's a permanent fixture in a lot of my childhood memories:

' So what? It's ugly! It's not even funny looking!' you might be saying.

Yeah. I know. But I just got a haircut and foils and the first (and only) thing I'm thinking when I look at it is this:


(lovingly referred to on a wig site as the 'Rod Stewart' wig).

And due to the fact that I got blonde foils (explaining the pic above, even though I always end up with frizzled hair and a clear regrowth line) over my normally darkish-reddish-brownish hair, I now have the two tone Christine Aguilera hairstyle, like 3 years too late and 5 years too old:

And while I'm at it, here's another hint for the boys: If you girlfriend approaches you, looking pensive about her new 'stylez', don't tell her 'I think it looks ok, but you've definately had better haircuts'...

1 comment:

ChickyBabe said...

What do they teach boys these days? I dunno...just dunno! But boys aside, your hair sounds cool. I almost did the 2 tone thing then changed my mind and went with long layers.