Thursday, April 28, 2005

Speak up! I can't hear you thru the hair in my ears.... *grumble mumble bumble* (*)

After a quick battle with the snooze button this morning (7am, 7.10, 7,20 and finally up-time at 7.27), I still managed to start work at 8am.

I was feeling cosy, which is a good sign - I swear my office thinks that if you air-condition a building enough it will eventually get warmer - but something just didn't feel right.

The feeling kinda lingered, like a bad foot stink, until it came to me with startling realisation in the ladies room, just before lunch time...

- Polishable black shoes - check;
- Blue-Grey little bit man style pants - check;
- Non-descript taupe singlety undershit - check;
- Brown cable knit superbargain slight-fit cardy - check;
- Tired look that comes from getting up for a run yesterday and only feeling it in my legs today - check.

Yup.

Today I came to work dressed as a grampa.

And today was one of the few I didn't have an afterwork nap!


(*) Please note: my ears are not hairy - in fact, they could be described as 'nekked', much like an Opossum...

No comments: