Sunday, January 03, 2010

Happy New Year!

Still alive, still kicking around the traps.

2009 was a pretty interesting year for me...
- I got to do some exciting stuff at work that I loved, then I was moved to another interesting (but different) space.

- My fractured leg turned in to a broken leg, I pulled muscles in my thigh and chest (subsequently making me think I was having a panic attack). wore a full length cast for a month and then a half length cast for a month and then had a purple swollen leg for a month before my doctor realised something was up. In October I was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis - an 'old' blood clot running from my knee to my groin, with two 'new' clots growing on that and a new clot growing behind my knee. Where did the old one come from? How old was it? They don't know. But they took me off the pill (51 days wtf) and ran a stack of blood tests, a couple of xrays, a bone density test and an ultrasound (I bet they're cuter when it's a baby on the screen). I've got another xray and ultrasound on Monday because my leg is still discoloured, and perhaps I'll get to stop taking blood thinners soon (side note: I lost weight while in plaster as I was a little down in the dumps, but have put a few kg back on - leafy greens interact with blood thinners, leaving not a lot of options for a vegan who isn't allowed to exercise for fear of a blood clot breaking off and heading north...!).

- I got married and it was hands down the best day of my life! So great to have so many of the people we love there to celebrate with us, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

- I honeymooned and snorkelled and drank and aaaaaaaaaaaate.

- We still have the birds and they're still a squawky and pooey delight.

- Eldest bro got engaged, middle bro met his delightful young lady, youngest bro continued his relationship with his lovely girlfriend (and keeps me hoping for wedding bells!), dadsy took some leave and decided that he could retire one day and enjoy it, and mumsy was diagnosed with a barrage of tumours/cysts/blood issues that are all seemingly 'okay' at this point in time and we're doing quite well for pretending it's not anything serious.

So. What does 2010 hold?

- I'm giving up movie popcorn for a year. This is a Very Big Deal.

- I'm going to try to get swimming lessons (this is mos likely to fall down the list a little).

- I'm going to start writing a book. And I know that sounds wanky and a little bit self congratulatory, but I never said anything about it progressing further than the start or even out of my computer!

I just wanted to drop by to let you know that I am still here, I am still reading all your updates and I am still wishing you all the best!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Enny! I had just about given up on you. Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I over polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

I am the kind of hombre who passions to seek recent things. Presently I am building my personalized pv panels. I am making it all alone without the assistance of my staff. I'm utilizing the internet as the only path to acheive this. I discovered a really brilliant site which explains how to contruct pv panels and so on. The place explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not sure about how correct the info given there is. If some experts over here who had xp with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the thread it will be great and I would really appreciate it, cauze I really lav solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U people rock.

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I about the collection should prepare more info then it has.

Mummy/Crit said...

I'd almost given up too. I hope your DVT is almost gone now, what a nightmare! Getting married is good though. Swimming lessons are fun, if a little weird as an adult, but it's a good idea.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I about the brief should secure more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our world, and I am 99% certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of transferring our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i SDHC[/url] DS scPost)

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our society, and I am fairly certain that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as the price of memory falls, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could see in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://does-the-r4-r4i-work-with-the-new-ds.onsugar.com/Does-R4i-R4-actually-work-7232282]R4[/url] DS NetBrowze)

Anonymous said...

Interesting post you got here. I'd like to read more concerning that theme. Thank you for giving that information.

College Term Papers said...

Wonderful article, very well explained. I glad to see this blog, such an informative article, Thanks for share this.

Susanne said...

Aw, congrats on the wedding, sounds like you're doing well. :)

Rebekah.N said...

Anyone need any graphic design or blog design hit me up rebekah.newby@gmail.com

e-book download said...

Really it is the awesome bike with the feature which would be most prefer by the youngsters.