2009 was a pretty interesting year for me...
- I got to do some exciting stuff at work that I loved, then I was moved to another interesting (but different) space.
- My fractured leg turned in to a broken leg, I pulled muscles in my thigh and chest (subsequently making me think I was having a panic attack). wore a full length cast for a month and then a half length cast for a month and then had a purple swollen leg for a month before my doctor realised something was up. In October I was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis - an 'old' blood clot running from my knee to my groin, with two 'new' clots growing on that and a new clot growing behind my knee. Where did the old one come from? How old was it? They don't know. But they took me off the pill (51 days wtf) and ran a stack of blood tests, a couple of xrays, a bone density test and an ultrasound (I bet they're cuter when it's a baby on the screen). I've got another xray and ultrasound on Monday because my leg is still discoloured, and perhaps I'll get to stop taking blood thinners soon (side note: I lost weight while in plaster as I was a little down in the dumps, but have put a few kg back on - leafy greens interact with blood thinners, leaving not a lot of options for a vegan who isn't allowed to exercise for fear of a blood clot breaking off and heading north...!).
- I got married and it was hands down the best day of my life! So great to have so many of the people we love there to celebrate with us, I wouldn't have changed a thing.
- I honeymooned and snorkelled and drank and aaaaaaaaaaaate.
- We still have the birds and they're still a squawky and pooey delight.
- Eldest bro got engaged, middle bro met his delightful young lady, youngest bro continued his relationship with his lovely girlfriend (and keeps me hoping for wedding bells!), dadsy took some leave and decided that he could retire one day and enjoy it, and mumsy was diagnosed with a barrage of tumours/cysts/blood issues that are all seemingly 'okay' at this point in time and we're doing quite well for pretending it's not anything serious.
So. What does 2010 hold?
- I'm giving up movie popcorn for a year. This is a Very Big Deal.
- I'm going to try to get swimming lessons (this is mos likely to fall down the list a little).
- I'm going to start writing a book. And I know that sounds wanky and a little bit self congratulatory, but I never said anything about it progressing further than the start or even out of my computer!
I just wanted to drop by to let you know that I am still here, I am still reading all your updates and I am still wishing you all the best!